The twenty-first century gave man a lot of inventions and opportunities, newfangled gadgets and devices that mainly work from the electrical network. The home of any inhabitant of planet Earth today is literally stuffed with a wide variety of devices that give light and warmth, help to cook food, wash clothes, keep perishable foods longer and even learn something new and have fun. However, many have already noticed that paying for electricity can make a big "hole" in the family budget. It makes sense to figure out how to save electricity in an apartment or private house in order to significantly reduce your monthly expenses, freeing up funds that can be spent on other purposes.
The main ways to save energy
The question of how to save electricity, especially in houses where electric stoves and electric water heaters are installed, constantly arises before consumers, especially in the current crisis situation of the country's and world economies. Payment for energy supply of a private house or even an ordinary average apartment occupies one of the leading places in the expenditures of the family budget for utility bills. Regardless of stability or real financial situation, savings are always relevant, since no one wants to throw money down the drain and this is an absolutely correct decision. Let's see how experts and experts in their field offer to save energy.
Correct saving of electricity at home will significantly, almost threefold, reduce the cost of paying for utilities, therefore it is worth taking this issue seriously. If it seems to you that turning off the lights in the room on time does not greatly affect the overall score, it makes sense to just conduct an experiment and find out how much money you lost monthly, before you began to pay attention to it.
There are three main methods of how to save on electricity, around which all the rest, which are their derivatives, revolve.
- The use of new technologies (the purchase of household appliances, gadgets and other electrical appliances with an increased level of economy), which may require significant financial investments.
- Competent use of equipment powered by the electrical network.
- Theft of electricity from the state.
We will discuss the first two ways of saving in our article in more detail, but it is recommended to immediately abandon the third, since jokes with the state can end badly, and instead of saving, you will receive additional costs for fines, and sometimes litigation.
Simple ways to save energy at home
Most people do not even imagine how much electricity this or that device, used regularly, "eats up" in a month, hence the lack of understanding how you can save. First of all, when purchasing new devices and equipment, you should always find out what power consumption it has, it is this indicator that will indicate what kind of electricity consumption it assumes.
Approximate data for comparison
According to statistics, the main items of expenditure are formed through the use of some basic electrical appliances that are available in almost every household.
- Electric stoves can absorb from 20% to 30% of the monthly consumption.
- The refrigerator is considered the most serious appliance, as it never turns off, due to which it consumes about 30% of the electricity.
- Bulbs and other lighting fixtures "shake" about 16-19% of the total.
- A modern washing machine winds up about 15%.
- The rest of household appliances and office equipment, including vacuum cleaners, dishwashers, computers, chargers, etc. , absorb about 20% of the total electricity bill.
Thus, it is due to the competent and deliberate use of these devices that you can significantly reduce expenses from your family budget for this item. Let's take a closer look at how you can honestly and legally save on electricity and save your hard-earned money.
Let there be light!
It is interesting that numerous consumers do not think at all that a colossal amount of budgetary funds can be spent on lighting an apartment. It is optimal to purchase housekeeping bulbs, which only the lazy has not heard of today. The government even prohibited the production of conventional incandescent lamps for sale to ordinary citizens, with a capacity of 100 or more watts. There is talk about the fact that fifty-watt lamps will also soon become outlawed, giving way to "housekeepers". But not only LED and energy saving bulbs will help save electricity. There are some tips that it would not hurt to always follow.
- Turn off the lights when moving from one room to another. If this is difficult for you or there are many small children in the house who find it difficult to explain the essence, you can install special heat sensors. They will not cost much, but they themselves will turn off the light as soon as the person leaves the room.
- Take care to have multiple light sources in the room, depending on the needs, so as not to constantly turn on the overhead light there, which consumes the most.
- Hear it in your nose that cleanliness is a guarantee not only of health, but also of saving energy. Wash windows and chandelier shades more often so that light can freely and unhindered enter your apartment. According to research by scientists, the level of illumination with dirty windows is reduced to 28-36%, which is a lot.
- When planning to make repairs, make sure that furniture and walls reflect more light flux. Light colors will help reflect up to 85%, and dark ones, only 10-13%.
People who have already taken advantage of only these tips say that in this way you can save at least 10-15% of the bill without straining, and this is already quite a serious achievement.
Energy saving technology and its correct application
Another very effective method to save electricity in a private house or apartment is to buy a new one, equipped with energy-saving systems, household appliances and other appliances of regular use. Modern energy-saving equipment is even labeled in a special way, with letters from G to A +++. The first will consume a lot of energy, but in the case of the second, the savings will be the most significant.
It is worth choosing for yourself the most economical devices that will save your money. In addition, do not be afraid to purchase novelties of science and technology, such as induction hobs, super-economical washing machines or micathermic heaters. But this is not all, since all these devices still need to be used correctly in order to minimize costs.
- Always unplug all electrical appliances when you do not need them. It would seem that they do not work, but the small light on the panel is still on, which means that the kilowatts are slowly spinning. If in a month such a waste is insignificant, then in a year it will already become more impressive, and when calculated in ten years, you will want to grab your head.
- If you purchased a refrigerator that does not have a No Frost system, then you will have to defrost it regularly. A good housewife knows that the more ice there is in the freezer, the more the device "pulls".
- Purchase special cookware for electric stoves, and also select it so that the size of the bottom matches the burner as closely as possible. When cooking, always cover the pans with a lid and use low to medium heat. This avoids heat loss and saves more than 10%.
- Do not overload the washing machine with an excessive amount of things, it is better to divide the wash in half, this will be more economical, and the appliance will remain in better condition.
- Do not install the refrigerator next to a stove or heating devices, otherwise its energy consumption will increase significantly.
- Do not forget to regularly remove scale that has formed on the walls of the kettle, as it will significantly lengthen the heating time of the water, which will increase consumption and increase the cost of electricity.
The most advanced users install in their houses or apartments not only infrared sensors, solar panels for heating, but even electrical sockets with a timer, where you can "stick" a TV or computer. Even if you fall asleep, such a "smart" socket will simply turn off the gadget and you will have to pay less for the light.
Two-tariff meter and street heating
Experts recommend that those who can use highly energy-consuming appliances install two-tariff electricity meters in their households. They allow you to pay during the day at the same rate, and from 23: 00 to 7: 00 at a completely different, significantly reduced. It won't be difficult to wash or turn on the heater and dishwasher overnight, and the savings will be noticeable. The cost of such a device is considerable and you will have to fork out yourself by making an application to the power grid department, but in just one year it will pay off and save your money.
- You cannot "heat the street", that is, take care of the appropriate thermal insulation of a private house or apartment, change windows, insulate the walls, all this will bear fruit, and you will have to spend less money on heating.
- Infrared heaters show themselves excellently, which heat only that part of the living room where there is a living being.
- The boiler should not always be kept on, although it all depends on the water consumption per day, that is, in fact, on the number of people living in the house. Leaving or leaving for a long time, as well as at night, you can turn it off, and turn it on again in the morning.
- Set the optimal water temperature in the heater, do not keep it at the maximum. Three or four times a year, the boiler needs to be cleaned of the scale accumulated there, which also significantly increases the consumption of electricity.
- Regularly wash batteries and other heating appliances if they are powered by the mains, as dirt, dust and debris will significantly increase consumption, while reducing efficiency.
Smart Home system
The West has long been promoting an innovative invention - the "Smart House" system, which significantly moves humanity forward into the future. An amazing system will help you easily save electricity in a private house, as well as in an apartment, since you can install it anywhere and anytime. This invention involves the installation of a variety of sensors and modern remote systems that will themselves regulate the level of lighting or heating, the temperature of the water supply, turning on and off the stove, computer, TV, dishwasher or air conditioner.
True, you will have to fork out, but it is undoubtedly worth it. Already a year later, you will fully recoup the spent funds and begin to notice how significant confidence can become in the benefits of using new technologies and scientific advances in everyday life.