Powerful energy complexes are used to service industrial, agricultural and construction enterprises. Almost 80% of all energy produced in the country is consumed by enterprises. It is the costs of heat and electricity that become one of the main items of expenditure.
They can be reduced by introducing energy-saving technologies at the enterprise. They imply the improvement of equipment, as well as the use of high-precision instrumentation. Instrumentation is always selected taking into account the specifics of the industrial facility. So, for enterprises of the heat and power and oil industries, devices with an increased degree of protection against external influences are used.
Popular ways to save money: main directions
The main technological activities include:
- Replacement of equipment with energy-saving ones, ranging from lamps to heat exchangers and variable frequency motors.
- Increased productivity in the process of power generation: for example, installation of condensing equipment.
- Launch of projects on "ecological" alternative energy (sun, water, wind).
- Monitoring of consumed resources and launching control systems.
The research carried out and the collected statistical data claim that 90% of energy losses are associated precisely with irrational consumption, but in the process of transportation and transmission, only up to 10% is lost. Therefore, the main directions in energy-saving technologies are associated precisely with the optimization of the use of heat and electricity. All such activities have their own payback period: specialists can easily calculate the economic feasibility of implementing certain processes or purchasing new equipment.
It is the implemented technical measures that effectively reduce the amount of energy consumed, both warm and electric. They are costly and time consuming, may require significant investment at the initial stage, but provide good results (and tangible monetary savings). Such events include:
- installation of metering units, flow meters: allows you to identify implicit losses and reduce costs by 20-30%;
- installation of small boiler rooms for needs, remote from the central highway, areas: helps to eliminate heat loss during transportation;
- introduction of a frequency control system for electric motors in ventilation, pumping systems, for other objects operating without constant load;
- installation of starting relays for lamps and replacement of outdated lamps with energy-saving ones;
- obtaining energy by processing secondary raw materials directly in production (thereby reducing its cost by almost 4 times);
- thermal insulation of the room;
- installation and launch of solar panels;
- use of organic fuel in boiler rooms.
Also, do not forget about the scheduled inspection and repair of all pipelines, cable networks and other elements of engineering systems, which reduces losses. In addition, gas, water and power supply systems must be equipped with modern highly sensitive regulators and metering devices. These are the activities that are being actively implemented at modern enterprises.
If we talk about the latest energy-saving developments, then these include vortex-type thermogenerators, heat exchangers in ventilation systems (with an additional coolant or radiator type), solar panels and solar collectors. Most advanced technologies are too expensive for mass use. The only exceptions are LED lighting and the launch of rotary wind turbines.