Tired of paying a lot of money for electricity? Unfortunately, without this expense item it is impossible to imagine the modern world, but each of us can easily reduce it. In this article, we will learn how to save energy at home, without using technically complex devices and prohibited methods. Let's start!
The most energy consuming electrical appliances
First, let's determine where exactly the kilowatts of our energy go.
The most "voracious" household appliances:
- Refrigerator - 30 kW;
- Electric heater - 60 kW;
- Boiler - 180 kW;
- Computer - 45 kW;
- TV - 20 kW.
It is easy to guess that we will limit the operation of these devices, but how to do this without significant damage, because without them it is difficult to even imagine everyday life? Let's figure it out now.
How to start saving kilowatts of electricity
- Defrost the refrigerator more often. Ice on the sides of the freezer significantly increases energy consumption and no electricity is consumed during defrosting.
- Forget the habit of opening the refrigerator door idle. The chambers absorb heat and the consumption increases.
- Remember to turn off your laptop and computer. Even in sleep mode, they consume electricity.
- Don't get carried away by heaters. Try to make the most of all the ways you can insulate your apartment. There are a lot of options, the main thing is to eliminate drafts in the windows.
- Remember! Any electrical appliance consumes insignificant energy even when it is turned off, so unplug it.
- Very commonplace, but important advice: when leaving the room, turn off the light, as well as the TV, which is always playing somewhere in the background.
- Try to monitor the quality of electrical appliances and their service life. Saving is a trend in the production of any equipment today. Also monitor the status of the wiring.
We did almost everything possible, it remains only to introduce these rules into a habit.
Electricity saving devices
We are talking about technological innovations that reduce energy consumption.
In laboratory conditions, a high-quality LED lamp can be 9 times more economical than an incandescent lamp, and last 30-50 thousand hours. Although our everyday life is not comparable to the conditions in a laboratory, such lamps have another important advantage - the possibility of repair in case of breakdown. Although these lamps are more expensive than conventional lamps, their purchase will definitely pay off.
The principle of operation of such devices is based on reducing voltage drops in the network and ensures stability in the operation of electrical appliances. Read the instructions carefully if you decide to use them!
Mostly suitable only for private houses, they are low energy and expensive. However, there are devices on the market with built-in solar panels, such as lamps. Place them on the site and they will be charged by sunlight until the evening, and spend the accumulated electricity in the evening.
Suitable for those who use boilers and boilers to heat water, the thermostat will allow them to be turned off when heated to a certain temperature.
The above methods and devices can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you a lot of money.
I would also like to say that saving electricity is not only a benefit for the budget, but also a huge benefit for humanity. So let's take care of the ecology of our planet together with a pleasant benefit for ourselves!